The Ultimate Guide to Establishing an LLC as a Foreign Citizen in ROMANIA: A Step-by-Step Approach
Are you a foreign citizen looking to establish a business in Romania but the PFA legal form is not suitable for your needs? In that case, you can set up an LLC. Here are the requirements for opening an LLC as a non-resident.
Can a foreign citizen start a business in Romania?
Regardless of your nationality, as long as you have a good idea and plan, you can turn it into a successful business in Romania. All you need to do is decide on the appropriate legal form and begin the establishment process.
Why choose Romania for your business?
There are several advantages for non-residents to open a business in Romania:
1. the tax system is more favorable compared to Western European countries,
2. salaries are lower, making it a cost-effective option to hire Romanian virtual or physical assistants, and 3. as a micro-enterprise, you only pay 1% tax on your total turnover.
Why opt for an LLC?
If you want to take your business to the next level, establishing an LLC (limited liability company) may be the best choice. Here are some reasons to consider:
1. no expertise is required to establish an LLC;
2. it can be formed by both Romanian and non-EU citizens;
3. you can have multiple CAEN codes and employees.
Conditions for establishing an LLC as a foreign citizen
Even if you're not a resident of Romania, you can set up an LLC in accordance with Art. 3 of GEO 44/2008. You just need to ensure that you meet the following requirements:
1. be over 18 years old;
2. have not committed any financial or fiscal violations;
3. have a registered office.
How to establish an LLC as a foreign citizen?
The process for foreign citizens is the same as for Romanian citizens. As the legal representative of the LLC, you must:
1. have a registered office in Romania;
2. register with the Trade Register and obtain authorization before starting operations;
3. select authorized CAEN codes;
4. choose a company name.
Alternatively, you can avoid the bureaucratic hassle by contacting us at email@example.com.